- How long does a groom take?
- What do you need from me to do a groom?
- My dog has tangles in his hair, does that mean he’ll have to be shaved?
- My dog has fleas – what do I do?
- My dog has been skunked – what do I do? (see recipe below)
- Can I use baby shampoo on my dog?
- My dog has brownish red marks in the corners of his/her eyes.
Sometimes they build up and get raw.
Usually about an hour. Larger dogs or more involved grooms can take longer.
Nothing, except providing us with a place to park. Ocassionally in the event of a mechanism problem, we may need to “plug in” to your electricity.
That depends on the severity of the matting, and the tolerance level of your dog. Remember brushing a mat out of your dogs hair does cause discomfort, so sometimes shaving a dog is the most humane course of action.
If your dog has 1 or 2 fleas, often times treating for a few consecutive months with Frontline or Advantage will get rid of your problem. If you have a heavy infestation or your home, sometimes the only way to get rid of your frlea problem is to have a professional exterminator treat your home.
Remember all of your pets have to be treated, not just the ones that get groomed (for example short haired dogs and cats).
In the event that we can’t get to you quick enough. I recommend using the following treatment:
1 quart hydrogen peroxide
1 box baking soda
1tbsp Dawn dish soap
to your dogs fur without wetting him/her down first. Let stand for 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water (Please have a heart – imagine what it would feel like to be sprayed down with an ice cold garden hose???)
In a pinch it shouldn’t hurt. But remember, dogs have a different pH on their skin and if done on a regular basis it could really irritate or dry out your dogs skin and coat.
7. My dog has brownish red marks in the corners of his/her eyes. Sometimes they build up and get raw.
Some of our clients have had success with a products called Angel’s Eyes added daily to their food. This combined with regular cleaning of the area (every couple days) can be very helpful.